Nordic is committed to supporting local individuals and organizations in order to reinforce the strength and foundation of the not-for-profit community.
Some of the associations that we support in several capacities include:
- Compassion House – The Compassion House provides women undergoing breast cancer treatments in the Edmonton area a supportive place to call home. John Cloutier is an active member on the board of directors. In addition, Nordic is currently installing new mechanical systems for Compassion House.
- YMCA of Northern Alberta – Offering life-enhancing opportunities through spirit, mind and body, the YMCA is aligned with Nordic’s vision of what a community means. Nordic is a champion of the YMCA and supports them in a variety of capacities.
- YESS (Youth Empowerment & Support Services) – YESS helps at risk youth become empowered and find their own path to success. Rene Cloutier is chairman of the board and helps govern and oversee the management of this dynamic youth organization.
- Crystal Kids – This drop in youth centre provides a safe place for at risk youth to engage in safe activities with support and guidance. Shaunalee Boyle is on the board and currently holds the position as Treasurer.
- Strathcona Christian Academy & Sherwood Park Alliance Church – Nordic has donated a service van, which has been refurbished as a cargo van for the Church to run errands and support the community. Nordic also offers ongoing support during their fundraising events and activities.
- OLPH Church – A dedicated and family oriented church, John Cloutier is proud to be on the administration team that oversees the financial, maintenance, and grounds of this expansive Catholic Church in Sherwood Park.